Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Thanksgiving is over, and it was nice but busy and chaotic. This picture is one of mostly the third generation who were at my house, one is second generation. First generation was DH and I, and his sister and her husband, who also live in Central Florida, and my brother who lives in Georgia. Second generation was my daughter and son and DIL, and my DH sister's daughter and SIL, and my brother's 12 year old son (the one in the tree). We had a total of 28, including my daughter's fiance, who had to work and came late. It's a good thing that we had a wonderful cool and comfortable sunny day, as we had tables set up all over. There were 2 tables and 9 children on the back porch, and eight adults at the dining room table, three children at a card table in the living room, a drop leaf table in the family room with five young men, and a parson's table in the kitchen for DH and I. We all had a place to sit and there was plenty of food for everyone. I did the main meal, but every family brought something, so everyone helped. It was a happy day, although my DIL wasn't feeling well and I didn't know, or I could have given her something to help. She went to the emergency room that night and is feeling better now, after some antibiotics. Also, the next day a friend of my grandson's and his wife and SIL were hit by a drunk driver going the wrong way and his wife was killed, she wasn't even out of her teens yet. He and his SIL are hurt badly and the driver of the other car was killed. Such a waste, and so sad for the families. I'm so thankful that even though my grandchildren have been in accidents and been hurt that we haven't lost anyone, it is a true blessing to be thankful for, and I am.

11 comments:

Julie said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with plenty of family. I am glad that they all had safe travels. I am so sorry to hear about the family who had a tragic accident. So sad.

scraphappy said...

What a great looking bunch of kids! How great that you were able to have them all together at the same time. I'm sure it was crowded and chaotic, but well worth it to be able to spend time with everyone at once.

Marie said...

Candace, what a great picture, so happy for you to have somany of your family with you on a wonderful holiday. so sorry to hear of the accident I read something like that in the paper just. the other day,so tragic. many blessings and hugs, Marie

Amanda said...

What a wonderful family picture. your numbers for Thanksgiving just seemed to grow and grow. I'm so glad that you had a good time and I hope you don't have too much clearing up to do!

Susan in SC said...

What a lovely family picture! Glad you all had a great time!

Kay said...

I love that fun photo of the family. How wonderful that your Thanksgiving was fun but so sad to hear about the tragedy you discovered later.

Margo in Maine said...

Beautiful family....will be great memories...I so enjoy taking pictures at holidays...have a son in Tn that does not get home so can email...technology is wonderful to keep us together...family what joy it brings...Maine

Anonymous said...

Hello Candace,sounds like you had a lovely Thanksgiving with your family.Sorry to hear about the tragic accident.Regards Lyn

SueR said...

My, what a big family you have. It's nice you all could get together for the holiday. Very sad about the accident.

Flutterby Angel said...

Hi Candace
Happy Thanksgiving....sorry it is late.

I love you family photo...everyone looks happy. Sounds as though you had a great day.

That car accident sounds dreadful. My heart goes out to their families.

Take care

Lurline said...

It's just lovely to have all the family together - our place has not been like that for a while - never mind, Christmas is not far away!
Hugs - Lurline!