Saturday, October 25, 2008

Twisting Turning Twelve


My Twisting Turning Twenty is now going to be a Twisting Turning Twelve. I decided that I'd rather a lap sized, and so I only used 12 of my 20 blocks. As you can see, I only had enough room on my design board for 9 of the 12 blocks. I think I'm going to like it when it's finished and I think that I'll add another 4 blocks and do a version of the Turning Twenty into Diamonds. Here's a picture in the left hand top corner.
They are both from the same book by Tricia Cribbs, Turning Twenty just got better. I'm working up my courage for Bonnie Hunter's Old Tobacco Road.














14 comments:

Amanda said...

It's looking good Candace, I love the colours. I reckon you're pretty brave to be considering doing the OTR, will you do it full size?

Perry said...

This is really cute!

Anita said...

I really like your version Candace. It's the first one I've seen I thought I might like to do.

Julie said...

I like this much better than the regular turning 20.

Lurline said...

Super colours! First time I have seen that pattern and I AM impressed - a wonderful quilt!
Hugs - Lurline.

Hunter said...

I really like the pattern and the colors you've chosen. How bright and cheerful.

Darilyn

Margo in Maine said...

Really nice...I did 2 of the 'turning twenties' the colors chosen is the key...your choices very pretty...

Karen said...

Love the colours in your Turning 12 quilt, Candace. You're a busy lady!
Karen

me ann my camera said...

Very striking and beautiful! thank you for your visit to my Crow shadow!

Julia said...

Looks great Candace,
You can do so much with that pattern,
I'm not too sure about the OTR for me to do, But go for it Candace, and have fun..
Hugs

Susan in SC said...

I am so glad you changed your mind about closing your blog. I would have missed it!

Amy said...

I've seen the Turning 20 books but have never broken down to buy one. (AS IF ANY of us need another book of patterns!!!?!?)
However, your version sure seems to be a great scrap buster! What size are the blocks? 6x6? 8x8? 12x12?

Cornfield Quilter said...

Wow, I really like that quilt! Usually I am all about co-ordinating all my colors but I really like that!

Cheryl said...

Wow that looks great!!