Thursday, October 23, 2008

Projects

I haven't been too productive, but I have been working on a few things in the past week. The first picture is my Thanksgiving hand towels and napkins. I've done 8 of the gold napkins and 12 white napkins for the kids, and when I finished my DH got a brainstorm. Why not put everyone's name on their napkin. I guess that I'll be doing that.


The second picture is the next two blocks of my State Flower quilt. I still have to put the frames on them, and now I'm already behind again, as Florida and Georgia are out now. A woman's work is never done.
The last two messy pictures are the fabrics for my Twisting Turning Twenty quilt. The first is the lights with the dark swatches on top, and the second is the darks with the light swatches on top. I hope there is enough contrast. This evening I got the 20 blocks sewn together, and now hopefully tomorrow, I'll be sewing the lights and darks together and then cutting them apart into two blocks. I'm anxious to get that step done, and then see how my stripes will look. Here is a picture of Donna's from Donna's in the Attic.


I'm getting excited for the holidays. I haven't done any decorating for the past few years, and this year will plan to do a bit of it. I plan on having Thanksgiving at my house this year, although I don't know yet who all will be able to make it. I will have anywhere from 9 to in the 20's. Somehow, our family has a problem with commitment, and they usually aren't sure until it is almost here.


13 comments:

Lurline said...

For someone who has not been too productive, you sure have achieved a lot, Candace! Love it all ... and so many napkins!
Hugs - Lurline!

Julie said...

I have the same situation with Thanksgiving here. We had 30 one year, the next year only 13.

Hunter said...

You sure seem productive to me.

And 30 people for Thanksgiving? We'd all be meeting at Denny's. LOL.

Best regards,
Darilyn

Anonymous said...

Hi Candace, I would say you have been very productive the last few days. Love the napkins. Warm Regards Lyn

Gina said...

I love your napkins and what a great idea to put names on them.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Amanda said...

The napkins look great and will look even better with names on them - although they'll be a bit difficult to use for other people in the future then! Decorating for Autumn isn't anything we do here, although a few people put up some Hallowe'en things. But Thanksgiving is a big thing for you all isn't it, so decorating for it must be fun. Do you then taken them all down and re-decorate for Christmas?

Anita said...

I say you were productive. I've managed to quilt a couple of quilts and put one together in the last week. The embroidery takes time so you got a lot done. They are very pretty. Your state blocks are coming along great.

Margo in Maine said...

Beautiful work...so delicate...how special...

Marie said...

Hi, Love all the great things you have been up too. I am stilll dragging my heels.Maybe by the weekend this willl change some . This last set of shots dids me in. Take care my friend and so glad to see you on line again. Blessings and hugs, Marie

Susan said...

I have the pattern and fabric for a Turning Twenty. Perhaps I will get it done one day.

Great napkins. I like the idea of adding the name. I might just use it myself with your permission of course.

Perry said...

Hmmm, if this isn't production, I am in real trouble, lol. Good luck on your Thanksgiving plans. Don't you just love family time? Get a ready=to=go dinner from WalMart or Sam's and use paper plates; then you won't care how many show up, lol.

Julia said...

Hi Candace, you have been very productive the last few days. Love the napkins...
Best wishes for Thanksgiving,
Hugs Julia

SueR said...

Awesome job on your stitcheries, Candace. The Twisting Twenty is really interesting too. Gosh, how many variations are there on that pattern now? That was cute, about gearing up for Old Tobacco Road!