Saturday, May 19, 2018

A Purse, a Quilt and a Pincushion

I decided I wanted a velcro closure, so I gave my original wallet from SewCanShe's blog to my daughter, and made myself another, a little larger than the first.  (Room for glasses, chapstick, a pen, etc., in addition to my iphone 7 plus)
I had 110 of these blocks cut out, and decided to use just 90 of them for our bed quilt, so that left 20.  I had an abundance of blue, so I used them for a quilt for the back of my husband's chair.  I used batting and fleece on his as he gets very cold, so his should be toasty.
Not my first choice for a backing, as I was hoping for Red Sox and something with blue in it, but this was the best I could do.  
And, I almost forgot.  I bought this kit for a color wheel pin cushion a few years ago and decided I needed to get it done.  The top hole is a little large, and the button kind of slides into it, so I'm going to get a larger one and glue it on.  Hurray for E6000.  I'll be sharing with ShowOffSaturday on SewCanShe's blog.

No comments: