Monday, November 6, 2017

Small Things Amuse Small Minds

I received my daily Email from Sew Can She this morning and for some reason the November mini quilt gave me the urge to make mini quilts.  I decided to start with January, and this is the result after a few hours.  My desire is to do all or most of them and have a mini quilt wall somewhere in the house.  

My granddaughter-in-heart alerted me to an ill child on the internet who was requesting Christmas cards, so I decided to try my first homemade card ever.  This is supposed to be a Christmas tree (I know, they are usually green, not red) with a shiny gold star on top.  

I sewed the letters first, but they were so faint that I traced them with a Sharpie pen.  I was kind of pleased with my free cut stars (I told you small things amuse small minds, I have no artistic talent, so it doesn't take much).

Another of my semi-awesome stars.

Of course, I didn't have the right sized envelope, so I had to make one, which I was also semi pleased with.  

No comments: