Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pay it forward

Here I am, out of my comfort zone, but "when we're green we're growing, and when we're ripe we're rotting". That's one of my favorite quotes, and I guess that now's one of the times to grow. Amy is taking part in the Pay it forward, and while I was thinking about it her's filled up, and one of the participants is Amanda. I thought awhile, but Amanda still had a slot, so I gathered my courage and signed up. ***Correction, I just went to Amy's blog to get her link, and she only has Amanda so far, so I'm asking for Amy and Me***
The rules for the Pay it Forward are like this:
1) Three people will be chosen to participate when they leave a comment on this post asking to join (I'll obviously choose the first three)
2) You then agree to post a similar announcement to this on your blog, asking three more people to join in, etc
3) You will create a hand-made item for your three people sometime over the next 12 months.
If you are like me and have been a bit afraid to participate in things in blogland due to lack of confidence in your skills, you have a whole year on this one and only have to make 3 gifts. It seems a good way to jump in and get your feet wet without a quick deadline or any rules except to make 3 gifts and send them to people that you like and who like you well enough to follow your blog and sign up with you. It seems like a fun way to get started.

2 comments:

Lurline said...

Good luck, Candace - I'm sure you will get players - I'm doing one already!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Unknown said...

Ok, this is good. I think I can do this. a whole year to do something doesn't sound like much does it?
I've had coffee here before, it's a great place to visit.