Friday, October 17, 2014

Miscellaneous Catch-Up

I haven't been blogging much, but I have made a few things, and now am working on a great-grandbabies baby quilt.  This was an afghan for her mother.  It started out to be a leftover yarn quilt, but turned into 3 quilts of similar colors, as my daughter requested afghans for a friends children.

This is for her four year old.  It's a lot bigger than she is, so should do her for several years.

This is for the 6 year old.  I didn't get a picture of it finished, but this is a little more than half.


We made a rare trip for us, due to my husband's health situation.  We stayed with family, and so I brought gifts.  This is the front and back of placemats I made, 6 each for 2 SIL's.  The front is my favorite, Fairy Frost, and I used neutrals, as I didn't know their color themes.  I used a tutorial from aquiltinglife blog.   I also made them each a Fairy Frost bag, with lots of pockets, but didn't get pictures.  They can pretty much afford most of what they would like, so I hope they like them enough to use them occasionally.  I didn't have time to make quilts from scratch, so one got my Roll Roll Sunshine River (Roll Roll Cotton Boll), and the other got my Christmas quilt

I started this one with leftover yarn also, but then went to Hobby Lobby for more.  It's relaxing to crochet and watch TV.  This one isn't for anyone, just in reserve, I guess.

I decided to do Bonnie's mystery again this year.  Last years Celtic Solstice was less than stellar, due to my poor color choices, so this year, I decided to use Bonnie's colors, but not go scrappy.  I bought these from Thousands of Bolts, and I don't think that I did too badly on the colors, since I was choosing based on price and from the little internet pictures.  Using yardage should make the cutting process easier, too. 

2 comments:

Amanda said...

How lovely that you've been able to blog on your progress. I haven't been blogging much either, or commenting, but I have still been reading blogs. Your afghans are wonderfully cheerful and I am sure your placemats, bags and quilts will be very happily received. I hope you're keeping well and that Ernie's health isn't too troublesome.

Anita said...

Your afghans are beautiful. You can adopt me anytime. I'm also thinking of doing Bonnies quilt this year. I like the idea of yardage instead of scrappy. Good color choices.

Anita/Idaho