Sunday, February 16, 2014

Fourth out of Four Flimsys

I made one of Michelle's car caddies from the tutorial she shared on Sew We Quilt.  I really like it, although I left off the decorative button.  Michelle has a really cool blog, she rescues sewing machines and cleans them, and shares some with "the Sewing Machine Project".  I have been coveting a singer 301, and looking at her blog just made me want one all over again.  I don't really need another machine, but......

The last flimsy is done for my gift of 6 quilts to my niece and her family.  Two are finished, and now I just have to make backs, cut batting, baste and quilt these four and embroider names on the backs.  A lot of hours left, and my goal is to finish by mid march.  This one is very much like the other one that I did using some of my RSC blocks.  This one is RSC blocks too, I just added frames and sashing and cornerstones.
I also finished my barn quilt.  Since my other niece said she coveted it, I decided she should have it, and I basted and quilted it in one long day.  She's supposed to be getting me pictures to share.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You have been busy and doing some beautiful work! Glad you like the litter bag. I just had my hubby wire an electronic foot control for my 301. I don't like sewing with the button foot controllers. I bought a couple more electronic foot controllers for a few of my other machines. Hey! Who says we NEED to have another sewing machine to get one? ;)