Friday, May 20, 2011

Paintbox Flimsy

Oh, Fransson finished her Paintbox Quiltalong back April 2010, and I've finally gotten one of my smaller lap sized quilttops to the flimsy stage, without the borders.   Hers had 80 blocks, and mine has 54.  Hers has no borders and mine will have a small and a large border.   Hers is gorgeous and mine I hope will not only be half sized, but at least half as pretty.   I will end up with 2 quilts, but I don't know yet whether the other will have this color sashing, or maybe white or some other color.  I delivered my Gator quilts to my brothers this week, and they seemed to be happy with them.  It was very good to see them.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Another beautiful quilt. Good job!

Aussie Nanna said...

I think it looks great Candace!

LuAnn said...

I love the quilt; lots of pretty colors there.

Amy said...

Ooooo....."half as good" certainly!!!! I LOVE the color you chose for the sashing. Wonderful progress.

Susan said...

You are making one lovely quilt after another. Soon you will have used up all of your fabrics......

Kay said...

Oh wow, Candace! This is strikingly beautiful! I love all the colors and the border just sets it all off.

Michele said...

It looks great :-) I'm glad the gator quilts were well received :-)