Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Mail Surprise and more Springtime Sky

We received a very nice gift in the mail today, from our grandchildren and great-grandchildren in Germany.  We are in for some yummy treats.



I got my Springtime Sky (Grand Illusion) washed and on the bed.  I think it is just the size we like, some have been too big, or too small, and my husband says it doesn't make his eyes go crazy, so I think I'm good.  We have yellow drapes in the room, and I had to play with Photoshop, which I'm not too good at, so I have a variety of hues.  The two above are closest to original, but I think I like this one best.

3 comments:

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

your grand illusion looks great.
I've worked it on my working wall until I was nearly crazy. Yesterday I took it all off and started again with just the three color stripy ones. Today I'm happy with it and will start sewing it later this week.
I have to say, I've never have a quilt before with more leftovers than quilt :)
Sharyn

Amanda said...

What a lovely gift, the truffles look especially inviting. Your finished quilt looks great on your bed and I admire you for making such a huge quilt, I don't think I've ever had the patience to persevere to make one that big.

Quilter Kathy said...

It's gorgeous... and finished already?!?!
Great job!