Monday, May 13, 2013

Disappearing Pinwheel

I had good intentions of working on my Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects, and then I ran across this:   http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/my-pinwheel-disappearing-4-patch-using-charm-packs-t68180.html   A tutorial on the disappearing pinwheel.  I had to try it, so I decided that I haven't done a table topper for this months color, and it would be the first month that I hadn't, so I dug out my scraps and this is what I came up with.  Now I have to find a table or maybe a dresser that I want to use it on, decide if I need sashing or borders, depending on the size, and decide on a color for the back and make up another strippie, and I'll be on my way to another small finish.  
PS   I started out with four patches made from 6 1/2 inch blocks (6 inch finished) and ended up with 10 3/4 inch blocks (10 1/4 inch finished).  

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Its an interesting looking block...would like to see an entire quilt made this way.

Quilter Kathy said...

This looks like lots of fun to try!

Rachael said...

Oh mu goodness how cool of you to use my tutorial. I hope you enjoyed!